How to Find a Lost iPhone: Tools and Procedures
QUICK STEPS FOR HOW TO FIND A LOST IPHONE
- Use Find My iPhone to track iPhone’s current location
- Use an Apple Watch to trigger iPhone ringer
- Use Google Maps Timeline to track iPhone’s last location
- Use third-party GPS apps to track iPhone’s current location
- Call your iPhone
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON How to Find a Lost iPhone: Tools and Procedures
How to find a lost iPhone using Find My iPhone
The most efficient way to track down a lost iPhone is to use Apple’s built-in location-tracking software, Find My. Here’s how to use Find My iPhone:
- Ensure that Find My is enabled on your lost iPhone. You can check this by heading to Settings > iCloud Profile > Find My.
- Once your iPhone has been misplaced, open a web browser on a Mac or PC and visit iCloud.com. After logging in with your Apple ID and password, click on Find iPhone (the icon that looks like a green radar).
- If your iPhone was online at any point within the previous 24 hours, you’ll be shown the time it was last located, too. If you own another iOS device, you can go straight to that device’s Find My app instead of visiting iCloud.com.
If you have an Apple Watch, you can use it to trigger your iPhone’s ringer:
- Bring up the Glances menu on your Apple Watch by swiping upwards.
- Below the Airplane Mode, Do Not Disturb and Silent Mode buttons is a “ping” tab. Tap it, and your iPhone should emit a pinging sound to help you locate it. If you hold this button down for a little longer, your iPhone will also flash its LED light. How to Find a Lost iPhone: Tools and Procedures
How to find a lost iPhone using Google Maps
- Navigate to Google Maps Timeline on a web browser or in the Google Maps app on another device.
- Tap the Today tab in the top left corner of Google Timeline. Here, your iPhone’s most recent timeline should display in the left sidebar.
- Scroll to the bottom of the timeline to identify the last reported location of your iPhone, and use the on-screen map to determine where that location is in relation to your current location.
How to find a lost iPhone using GPS
On the App Store, you’ll find several GPS tracking apps that can be used to locate your iPhone should you happen to misplace it. How to Find a Lost iPhone: Tools and Procedures. Here’s how to use a third-party GPS app:
- Install a GPS tracking app on your iPhone before losing it.
- Once your iPhone is lost, sign in to the accompanying website of the GPS app and follow the on-screen instructions to track and locate your iPhone.
How to find a lost iPhone the old-school way
If you think you may have dropped your iPhone in your current location, a good old-fashioned ringtone-trigger may be the most effective way to find it:
- Enter your mobile number into ICantFindMyPhone.com, and the site will make a call to your iPhone on your behalf.
- Alternatively, you can call your iPhone from a friend’s phone.
In conclusion, losing an iPhone can be a stressful experience, but there are several ways to locate a lost device. By using Apple’s built-in location-tracking software, an Apple Watch, Google Maps Timeline, third-party GPS apps, or simply making a phone call. I hope you’ve been educated on to How to Find a Lost iPhone: Tools and Procedures